There's no doubt that flushable wipes are a great way to clean yourself after using the toilet. But what many people don't know is that these wipes can cause major clogs and problems in the plumbing system.
Did you know that flushable wipes aren't actually flushable? They may say "flushable" on the label, but they can cause major problems for your sewer line. The pipe clog from these wipes can cost over $3,000 to fix, and if you've got a septic tank, it could be as high as 10k.
Wiping with dry toilet paper is unhygienic, doesn't truly keep you clean, and could lead to health problems like anal fissures.
Toilet paper is designed to disintegrate in sewage systems, but flushable wipes don't. They're typically made with synthetic materials or plastics that won't dissolve on contact - meaning they'll stay around for longer than you'd think.
There are many foam dispensers on the market these days. However, it can be hard to decide which one is best for you. In this post, we will compare the Fohm touchless dispenser and Qleanse toilet paper spray to help you decide. Furthermore, we will discuss the pros and cons of each dispenser.
What Is Fohm Touchless Dispenser?
This device turns your regular toilet paper into soft flushable wet wipes on demand.
The touchless dispenser works by having a motion sensor that detects when you place your hand below it.
The motion sensor runs on a rechargeable battery that lasts 4-5 months per charge.
It also comes with one cleanser cartridge that can last three months for two people before needing a refill.
It's easy enough that even first-time buyers can get it set up in their own bathroom, and you won't need any tools or expertise. It comes with 3M adhesive strips so you can stick it on the wall right beside your toilet paper. After that, just put some toilet paper underneath, and you'll have an instant soft foam.
Fohm is a great way to get rid of your household plumbing problems.
- Fohm is the perfect option for people who want to maintain their hygiene
- It's free of fragrances and sulfates with a pH balance that will leave you feeling clean
- Keep in mind that even if it only lasts for five to six months, it's still a good deal
- It's safe for septic and plumbing systems
- It's refillable, so you can always get more
- The foam used on toilet paper is gentle for your skin while still providing great cleanliness
- The Fohm easy wall mount can be installed in seconds and requires no tools.
- No unpleasant smells or taste
- The toilet paper might tear if you use only one sheet
What Is Qleanse Toilet Paper Spray?
Qleanse, unlike Fohm, is not a dispenser. Instead, it comes in the form of spray and an attached wire for easy hanging.
With Qleanse, you can enjoy a comfortable wipe without worrying about the paper tearing or clogging the pipes.
Qleanse smells excellent thanks to its essential oils, which will leave every corner of your butt smelling fresh while still being safe enough not to cause rash reactions like some cleaners.
Qleanse is made of 99% plant-based ingredients:
- Aloe Vera (it soothes and nourishes your skin)
- Allantoin (moisturizes your skin)
- Natural essential oils (scent of fresh lavender)
- Cocamidopropyl betaine (oil derived from coconuts for foaming)
- Aqua (purified water)
- Citric acid (pH balancing)
- Safe preservatives (prevents bacterial growth)
It will never clog sewer pipes, and there are no reported cases of anyone developing an allergy to it. Furthermore, the installation is simple; all you have to do is hang it next to your toilet paper. After that, grab some toilet paper, spray some Qleanse onto it, and wipe away.
- Affordable price with all-natural ingredients like aloe vera, lavender oil, citric acid, and many more
- Not only does Qleanse provide deep cleanings, but it also smells good
- You can use this product without fear of wasting any because it only takes one spray on the paper for the perfect butt wipe
- It doesn't contain any harsh chemicals that could irritate your sensitive skin
- Qleanse is a spray that's small, compact, and easy to use on the go
- The bottle does not last long enough as Fohm does
- It's a bit of hassle to use because it's not touchless like Fohm
Similarities and Differences Between Fohm and Qleanse
Knowing the differences between Fohm and Qleanse will ensure that you make a sound decision in the end.
Automatic vs. Sprayed
Fohm is automatic and comes with its own dispenser, which doesn't need to be touched to work. However, with Qleanse, you have to use one hand to handle the spray bottle.
Ease of Use
In the case of Fohm, it's effortless to use because you just have to hold toilet paper beneath, and it releases foam on it. It's straightforward and convenient because it works by itself. In contrast, Qleanse requires a one-hand operation.
Continue reading below
For example, the Fohm cleaner is touchless, while Qleanse requires that you use your hand to spray, which leaves more opportunity for germs and dirt.
If you're looking for a travel-friendly product that doesn't require any installation, Qleanse is your best bet. On the other hand, if you want something more permanent and easier to use, go with Fohm.
Fohm uses a rechargeable battery that lasts 4-5 months, but if you don't want the hassle of charging the battery, then Qleanse is a spray that doesn't need charging to operate.
If you want an air purifier with a sweet smell, Qleanse is the best option. However, if you don't want any fragrance and prefer something more subtle, then go with Fohm.
Fohm is a little more expensive, but it lasts longer than Qleanse. On the other hand, Qleanse costs less than $19.99, which makes this option better if your budget is smaller.
So, there you have it – our take on Fohm and Qleanse. Both are great products with their own unique benefits, but at the end of the day, it's up to you to decide which one is right for you.
If you're looking for a product that will help keep your pipes clean and functioning well, environmentally friendly, easy to use, and gentle on your skin while still providing great cleansing power, both will do an excellent job.
So, which do you think is the better choice for you? Fohm or Qleanse? Tell us down in the comments.
Bato is the father of three beautiful children. When he's not dealing with product reviews and comparisons, he enjoys hiking through untouched nature. He loves adrenaline sports such as skiing, diving, rafting, and scuba diving. In addition, he likes to grill and discover new exciting food.