Device screens are commonly touched surfaces. People spend plenty of time on their tablets and phones daily and repeatedly neglect the act of cleaning these devices. When using these devices, germs and bacteria can get on their screens and spread amongst users.
It's thus essential to clean their screens often to stop germs from spreading. Unluckily, very few people clean their device screens. So, if you haven’t cleaned the screens in a while, follow the following tips to clean them successfully.
How to Clean Device Screens
One task you may delay as long as possible is device screen cleaning. Performing this task is involving and tiring as there are tiny spots to dust off. However, by learning how to clean the screens professionally, it won’t be a pain anymore. Besides, your screens will be cleaner and you’ll not have to clean them now and then.
In this section, you’ll learn how to clean these devices. We’ll share essential tricks, secrets and tips to stunningly clean the device screens you’ll be more than happy to carry.
First Method: The Use of Microfiber Cloth
Pick a Microfiber Cloth
A microfiber is essential when cleaning a device screen. While some devices come with this piece of cloth, others don’t. If they don’t, consider using the one you use on your sunglasses. Else, you can buy it from popular stores.
Switch Off the Device
Before commencing the cleaning process, turn off the device. When turned off, you’ll quickly identify the areas that need much attention.
Use the Microfiber to Brush the Screen
In this step, brush the device screen in small circles using the microfiber. This way, you will eliminate all the minor imperfections.
If need be, Moisten the Cotton Cloth
While it’s not necessarily essential to moisten the cleaning cloth, some parts may demand a moistened cloth to eliminate the dirt completely. For example, breathing over the screen may offer much-needed moisture.
Remember to follow the instructions that come with the cleaning cloth you’re using. Some require you to damp them slightly before use. As a precaution, you should only use a cleaning agent designed for cleaning touchscreens or distilled water to dampen the cloth.
Use the Microfiber Cloth to Brush Again
To finish off the process, brush again with the cotton cloth. However, avoid over-rubbing. Again, if there’s any dampness remaining, leave it to dry naturally. It’s worth noting that putting too much pressure while cleaning the screen may break it.
Second Method: The Use of Alcohol Gel
The best method about this method is that the alcohol gel kills all the germs. However, you need to be extra cautious when using the method.
- Look for the best alcohol gel, also commonly known as hand sanitizer.
- Look for a cleaning paper towel.
- Squeeze a little sanitizer into the towel.
- Wipe down the screen gently.
- If there are any streaks, remove them using a clean microfiber.
How to Clean Tablet Screen
When cleaning your tablet’s screen, use a lint-free and soft cloth. The most recommended is a microfiber cloth. Always avoid wiping the screen with paper or facial towels to avoid leaving some scratches on the screen. To remove fur, dust and fingerprints, use a piece of dry microfiber cloth. Read on to find out how to clean your tablet’s screen.
Removing Food Stains, Makeup or Ink on the Screen
For the annoying stains, switch off the device first. Moisten a piece of a microfiber cloth with alcohol gel or distilled water and wipe the screen gently. Leave no traces of moisture on essential parts, like the microphones and speakers. If it becomes hard removing the stains, consider immersing the cloth in a mild soap water solution.
Is it Safe to Use Home Cleaners to Clean the Touchscreen?
You should always avoid using harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents or even window cleaners when cleaning the tablet screen. Also, avoid a direct spray on the screen. iOS devices incorporate a special screen coating that’s vulnerable to chemicals.
Yes, you’ll find ideal cleaning sprays that are fit for the cleaning process. The only difference is that some will be pricey due to their composition of water and alcohol.
If the Tablet Becomes Wet, Can I Dry It with a Hairdryer?
Should the tablet become extremely wet, switch it off immediately. If it has a removable battery, remove it. Let it dry as much as possible before switching it on again. You can accelerate the drying by using a microwave, oven or hairdryer.
Some users allege that placing the wet tablet in a container of rice accelerates the drying process too. However, this isn’t a proven method.
So, the best solution to use when cleaning the tablet’s screen remains the screen cleaning sets. You can easily find this solution in leading technology stores. The best thing about this cleaning solution is that it offers incredible cleaning and hygiene compared to distilled water.
How to Efficiently Clean a Tablet
- Please switch off the tablet and disconnect it from the external power sources. This way, you’ll not only reduce the chances of device shorting but also recognize the dirt easily.
- The most seamless method involves the use of a microfiber cloth. Using a microfiber cloth is essential as it attracts and removes the unwelcome dust and oils. With your microfiber, rub the screen gently in a circular motion, paying attention to the greasy spots.
- If the grease removal task seems tricky, you may need to use ammonia and alcohol-free, antibacterial solution. Slightly wet the cloth with the solution and clean the screen by mildly rubbing it in a circular motion.
- Once you’re done, remove any solution remnants with a dry piece of cloth. Use the cloth to wipe the screen from top to bottom.
What Not to Do When Cleaning a Tablet
- Prevent the moisture from entering any port of the tablet.
- You should avoid letting a cleaning solution sit on the screen for too long should you decide to use one.
- If possible, it’s wise to avoid using an alcohol-based cleaning solution as it damages the protective coating on most devices.
How to Clean Cell Phone Screen
It’s worth keeping in mind that dirt and grime can have a significant impact on your smartphone’s performance. Fortunately, you can prevent this eventuality by cleaning the touchscreen frequently.
Cleaning the phone’s screen isn’t an effortless task; you have to make sure you’re doing it appropriately. It means you need only to use the right type of cleaner and cleaning material.
Essentially, if you’re not aware of the items to avoid, you may end up causing damage to the touchscreen. In the end, you’ll make it useless. Here, we’ll show you how to correctly and safely clean your phone screen.
How not to Clean a Phone Screen
Before we dive into the steps you need to follow when cleaning a phone’s screen, let’s go through some common mistakes you need to avoid.
- It would help if you never used harsh chemicals or anything solution with ammonia. If you must use a liquid, you should only rinse the cotton cloth slightly in distilled water. However, there’re several safe cleaning solutions recommended by phone manufacturers.
- To avoid causing scratches on the screen, never use tissue paper, paper towels or abrasive cloths. The scratches may be minor, but they’ll build up with time, dulling the entire screen. As a substitute, use microfiber cloths as they’re made to clean sensitive surfaces.
- Avoid using excessive liquid. If you must use a liquid as you clean the screen, dampen the cloth instead of pouring the solution on the screen. It’s always recommended to turn off the device if you take this route.
- Avoid over pressing the screen as you clean. You’ll damage the screen by pressing it hard.
Practical Steps of Cleaning Your Phone’s Screen
Remove the Phone Case and Switch it Off
Well, this step is optional. However, it’s crucial if you plan to use any cleaning solution. At the very least, powering off the device’s screen lets you identify the dirty quickly.
Polish the Screen with a Microfiber Cloth
Wipe the smartphone’s screen moderately with this cloth to remove the crud and smudges. Besides, the action will physically eliminate the germs, mainly due to the friction between the glass surface and cloth.
However, the act will not necessarily kill the germs, but it will remove them from the screen. Here is where microfiber comes in handy as it attracts dirt and germs better than other pieces of cloth. In addition, the fibers absorb grease perfectly.
Use an Approved Disinfecting Wipe
There’re some effective and safe disinfecting wipes that you can use to eliminate the remaining germs. Gently wipe the wipe from the top to the bottom while avoiding ports.
Leave the Phone to Dry
Like any other cleaning, phone cleaning is useful if you leave it to dry naturally for at least 5 minutes.
Reach for a Microfiber Cloth
Use this cloth to remove any leftover moisture. Preferably, it would help if you used a different piece of cloth instead of the one used in the previous steps above.
How to Clean Computer Screen
Keeping your PC clean is an inevitable habit. Over time, your computer’s screen will collect debris and dust. What’s more? It will attract the passing germs from sneezing and coughing. While the fingerprints are a nuisance to the eye, the straining you endure as you look at the screen is even worse.
Remember, cleaning a computer’s screen is quite involving, and there’re several cleaning products you need to avoid. In this section, you’ll learn how to clean your PC’s screen effectively.
While you may be tempted to use some general cleaning solutions, please don’t! The harsh chemicals are perfect for cleaning countertops and windows, but it may damage the computer’s screen. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Look for the cleaning fluids precisely made for cleaning computer screens.
- Avoid using rags, old T-shirts, paper towels or any other material you use to wipe down surfaces in your house. Remember, a computer screen is more delicate than it seems. So, a paper towel is sufficiently abrasive to scratch it.
- When using a microfiber cloth, ensure it’s free of any grime or dirt before swiping it across the screen.
Power Off the Computer
First, you’ll quickly identify dirt on a black screen. Second, it will be safe for you and your PC. Cleaning the screen while the computer is on could damage it and give you an unwanted electrical shock. So, consider powering it off.
Wipe the Screen with a Piece of Cloth
A quick wipe is sufficient if dust is the only thing tainting the screen. Thus, use a piece of microfiber cloth to brush the screen gently. And since the screen is delicate, you should avoid pressing it hard to avoid damaging the pixels.
On the other hand, use cleaning fluid to clean excessively tainted screens. Search for the cleaning solution made for laptop screens, as denoted earlier. Also, a mixture of distilled water and white vinegar works just fine.
Regardless of the fluid you opt to use, it’s essential to avoid spraying it directly to the screen as it could end up dripping into the keyboard. In such a case, you only have to dip the cloth into the solution and not the other way.
Dry the Screen
Either leave the screen to dry or slightly dry it with a microfiber cloth. The screen needs to be totally dry before powering on the machine to avoid potential electrical faults.
Effective & Universal Gadget to Clean Screens on All Devices
Currently, one effective product that cleans all device screens is ScreenKlean. The product incorporates a fantastic carbon molecular cleaning technology that traps, grasps and eliminates dust, fingerprints and lubricants.
The good thing about this gadget is that it’s multi-purpose, hence you can use it on all types of screens. Here are some of the reasons why users love it.
- It leaves the screen crystal clear
- It works on all types of screens
- It doesn’t leave scratches and smudges
- It’s chemical-free and non-toxic
- It’s a 3-in-1 travel case (keep the carbon cleaning agent in its inbuilt travel case, clean and then recharge it if need be)
- It incorporates long-lasting pads
Click Here and Read In-depth ScreenKlean Review
Trying to clean a device screen is not the most enjoyable task, but you have to do it regardless. Cleaning the screen often reduces the efforts you have to input the next time you clean. So, use a piece of microfiber cloth to eliminate grime, dirt and other messes attached to the screens.
With the continual development and increase in technology, gadgets, and gizmos, Amar never has a dull day researching new gadgets. Being an enthusiastic gamer, traveler, soccer lover, and avid car driver means that he always looks for the next cool thing to try out.