Vehicle model year 1996 and newer
BlueDriver works with all cars
Vehicle model year 1996 and newer
Volkswagen (sold in North America)
Vehicle model year 1996 and newer
Mitsubishi (2008 models & newer)
ASE Certified Mechanics
ASE Certified Mechanics
English, Dutch, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish and Italian
Supported Vehicles Models/Makes Diesel – Gasoline
Diesel 2006 and newer
Model year of 1996 or newer
Operating System (Android and iOS)
(iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
(iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
Compatibility (obd2 port)
DIYER OR ENTHUSIAS
When you buy FIXD Premium you get Smog Pre-Check
Number of vehicles
Engine, Transmission Codes
ABS, airbag Codes
USA = 5$ or Free
Money Back Guarantee
Where to Buy
Fixd or Bludriver?
Our Top Pick between these two is FIXD. The scanner is designed in the USA by ASE Mechanics and Professional Engineers. The app gives you access to 10,000 manufacturer-specific trouble codes, live diagnostic data, freeze frame data, and maintenance reminders so you'll never forget to service the vehicle when needed. If you have multiple cars in your family, you can add them all in the app. That way, you can monitor the cars of your children, for example. FIXD app will tell you the severity of the problem it detects, and not only that, but it will also give you the description of that issue as well as a cost estimate to fix it.
Do you want to know everything about your car with the help of a wireless device? Well, Fixd is a modern era scanner that helps you find out everything about your car in a matter of seconds.
It is a harmonious combination of hardware and software technology that allows you to extract and access useful information about your car.
This is the same kind of information that a professional mechanic offers you after charging a hefty amount. Therefore, FIXD diagnostic sensor is a state-of-the-art wireless mechanic that can help you stay in sync with the current situation of your car. This device can be easily plugged into the OBD2 port of your car. Once it is set up, it will start sending useful information to the software application that is installed on your smartphone.
You can easily find this device by the name of the "FIXD OBD2 Professional Bluetooth Scan Tool.” The software application is compatible with iOS and Android smartphones. Moreover, this device can easily take care of 5 vehicles at the same time and transmit data form these vehicles simultaneously.
One of the best things about this device is that it constantly reminds you about regular car servicing. Additionally, it will alert you in case of emergencies and give you enough information so that you can inform a mechanic.
Read our Fixd Car Diagnostic review.
BlueDriver is yet another Bluetooth enabled OBDII scanner that allows you to constantly manage and maintain your vehicle without the need to consult with the mechanic every single time.
These Bluetooth devices are taking the industry by storm, and these devices allow you to constantly stay in sync with the internal aspects of your vehicle so that you can keep it in shape.
You can get all the useful information on your fingertips within a matter of seconds, and this device will alert you in case of car emergencies or potential breakdowns in the engine. BlueDriver, created by CEO Maurice Tuff, is a software product of Lemur Vehicle Monitors. He created this Bluetooth enabled device for the layout and issue code of the car, and the device is linked to a database that includes more than 30 million corrections.
This is also considered to be one of the most reliable and durable Bluetooth scanners on the market as it can easily read and erase codes on the majority of older and newer vehicles.
All you have to do is plug this device into the obd2 scanner port of your vehicle and download the corresponding software application on your Android or Apple smartphone. Once the hardware and software sync, it will start transmitting useful information to your smartphone so that you can easily keep an eye on the internal aspects of your vehicle at all times.
Fixd vs. BlueDriver: Similarities
Both of these devices are amazing in their own unique way. Both the devices offer constant connection with your vehicle and offer abundant information at your fingertips with a single click. Let's take a look at the similarities between the two.
Ease of Usability
Both the devices are extremely easy to use and offer an excellent user experience at your disposal. All you have to do is buy the hardware component and plug it into the obd2 scanner port of your vehicle and then download the corresponding software application on your smartphone.
Then, you have to link the software application with the hardware via the sensor code, and you will be ready to analyses all the critical components of your vehicle with a single click.
Even beginners and amateurs can easily use these devices with ease. Even though the BlueDriver device is more expensive and consequently more favored by experts and DIYers, its interface remains easy to use. Both Fixd and BlueDriver offer programming that can be used by someone other than a specialist. They are easy to understand and provide demonstrative highlights to the customer.
The next similarity between the two devices is the offered level of compatibility for both iOS and Android smartphones. Moreover, both of these devices can work with the obd2 compliant vehicles and can be connected to your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth mechanism.
Functionalities for Users
Both BlueDriver and Fixd allow the users to monitor the check motor light easily and these devices also offer numerous other tantamount features, including:
- Live feed
- Shape freeze choices
- Motor transmission codes
- CEL reset
The scanners additionally caution the client about the potential aftereffects of the issues investigated in the vehicle. Other than that, both the devices offer critical information about the engine status of your car in almost a similar manner that can be easily understood by the user or a professional mechanic.
Fixd vs. BlueDriver: Differences
While both the devices offer a wide array of similar services, there are some features that remain unique among the two. These differences can better help you understand the most appropriate device for your vehicle before you make your decision.
Continue reading below
The Dimensions and Suitability
If you are looking for a lightweight Bluetooth enable OBD2 scanner, then Fixd is the answer for you.
It may lack some diagnostic aspects and may offer lesser features than its counterpart, but it offers a more lightweight design and easiness of use for beginners.
If you want to learn more about the differences between the two devices, you should know that BlueDriver offers a wider array of useful features at your fingertips then Fixd. BlueDriver is rich in terms of enhanced diagnostic features, and it offers the following features that can help you understand more about your vehicle in a professional manner:
- Climate control
- SRS airbags
- ABS systems
- Repair reports generation
Moreover, the BlueDriver Bluetooth enabled obd2 scanner device also comes with a powerful price estimator feature that not only informs you about the required repairs but also evaluates the estimated cost of repairs before you even bring your vehicle into the shop. This way, you will be financially ready for the repairs, and you will have an average estimate that you can use to leverage your negotiation with the mechanic.
On the other hand, the Fixd scanner device offers a car monitor and TPMS for enhanced monitoring of your vehicle.
Supported Number of Vehicles
This is yet another major difference between the two devices as Fixd can easily monitor five vehicles at the same time, whereas BlueDriver can only manage one vehicle at a time.
This can be quite useful for people who own multiple vehicles and want to stay in sync with the internal aspects and overall health status of all the vehicles at the same time.
Affordability and Price
If you are looking for a modern Bluetooth enabled obd2 scanner device at an affordable price, Fixd tool is your answer. While it offers almost the same features as the BlueDriver device, it only comes at half the price of the BlueDriver scanner device.
Therefore, Fixd is a better option for you if you do not want to get into enhanced diagnostic features and only want a cursory report of your vehicle that can help you understand the internal aspects and take your car to the shop when required.
Additionally, if you have multiple vehicles, the BlueDriver device will drive up the cost factor, whereas the Fixd scan tool can easily take care of up to 5 vehicles with a single device.
The are currently having a sale for when you Buy 1 FIXD, you get 1 50% OFF.
How to Use Fixd Scanner Tool
Now that we have taken a look at the similarities and differences between the two devices, it is time to move forward and understand how each of these devices works.
- The first thing you need to do is purchase the Fixd scan tool from the market and plug it into the obd2 port of your vehicle. You need to understand that this device will only work when the car is ignited as it uses the car’s power to work.
- The next thing you need to do is download the software application for your smartphone and register a new account in the Fixd app on your mobile.
- Once you have done that, you need to turn the Bluetooth on through your phone’s setting for an automatic pairing process, and you need to remember that you should not pair with the sensor using the built-in Bluetooth settings of your car. This is because you want to pair your device with your cellphone and not with your car’s built-in Bluetooth feature.
- Once you have registered your account, the settings will offer you several options, including the repair preference, which you should set to maintenance reminders in order to be constantly notified about your car’s internal aspects.
- In the next step, you will have to select the “I have a Fixd sensor” option from the settings and use the sensor code that can easily be found on the back of your Fixd sensor. This code will pair your Fixd scan tool with your smartphone, and it will start flashing a blue light, which will tell you that the device is properly connected and is ready to transmit useful information to your smartphone.
- Once the physical hardware component is plugged into the obd2 port and starts flashing blue light, your smartphone application will start scanning for a nearby Fixd device. Once the device shows up on your smartphone application, you need to click on it in order to add it to the list of sensors that you are currently using. You can rename this sensor later on in the settings section and use it without any problems.
How to Use BlueDriver Scanner Tool?
- The first thing you need to do is buy the BlueDriver pro scan tool from the local market. Now, plug it into the obd2 port that can be found under the dash on the driver side.
- Turn on your car and leave it on for 10 seconds for the device to power up properly and get ready for the pairing feature.
- In the meanwhile, download the BlueDriver pro tool software application from the application store on your smartphone and get it ready to scan for nearby devices.
- Wait for 10 seconds after the car has been ignited and then tap on the scan feature from your smartphone application to look for nearby BlueDriver scanner devices.
- Once the device pairs with your smartphone, it will start showing up in your list of added sensors. The next time you turn on your car, this device will blink ten times to make sure that it is properly connected to your smartphone.
Top Pick Between Fixd vs BlueDriver
If you're looking for a lightweight, compact, and affordable Bluetooth enabled obd2 scanner device for your vehicle, you should go with the Fixd option. It may offer you a smaller set of features, but it is quite useful for taking care of 5 vehicles at the same time, and it offers a wide array of useful features at your fingertips that can help you with the mechanic the next time you take your vehicle to the shop.
On the other hand, if you want to feel like a professional and enjoy the added benefit of enhanced diagnostic options, you should go for the BlueDriver option that seems to be the ideal tool for professional mechanics as well as DIYers. The BlueDriver device will offer you information about more complex issues in detail, and will also offer a wide array of potential fixes from the native database that is filled with tips and fixes from professionals all over the world.
According to the comparison above, the BlueDriver device wins the competition by offering a wide array of useful options, enhanced diagnostic options, and potential fixes at your fingertips. Moreover, it can also tell you an average estimated price for the repairs before you take your vehicle to the mechanic.
This way, you will be better prepared to negotiate with the mechanic and save some money on the repairs by being well-prepared and well-educated about the intensity and nature of repairs required for your car.
Bato is the father of three beautiful children. When he's not dealing with product reviews and comparisons, he enjoys hiking through untouched nature. He loves adrenaline sports such as skiing, diving, rafting, and scuba diving. In addition, he likes to grill and discover new exciting food.