Pickpockets are everywhere! In the United States, upwards of 400 thousand pickpocketing incidents occur daily. Up in New York City alone, an average of 3000 reports are filed each month for this crime, ranking as one-third of all travel insurance claims billed under "loss or theft." Chicago has seen as many 2100 pickpocketing thefts per month.
Our valuables whilst being out-and-about have become a very serious point of contention and concern. Every one has their own personal opinions regarding the most successful methods of safeguarding their possessions and insurance companies are also heavily invested in this debate. And whilst we are all busy scouring for solutions the crime rate just keeps increasing.
To be quite honest, I have tried most of the gimmicks out there and there always seems to be a way you can sidestep the system.
But the day I discovered FlexSafe I was more than pleasantly surprised.
Continue reading below
What is FlexSafe?
The FlexSafe is the latest product offered by AquaVault, a Shark Tank success story who is still boasting Daymond John as one of their investors.
The FlexSafe creators describe their product as a “portable safe“, but I found the description very misleading once you have the product in front of you.
It looks like any other fashionable travel bag on the market, but just with many more security benefits:
- It is made of a lightweight, yet durable material.
- It is water resistant.
- It is slash resistant to prevent theft.
- It has a magnetic locking flap.
- It has a zipper reinforced pouch that is protected by a three digit combination lock.
- It offers layers of protection including RFID blocking material (so thiefs cannot scan for the position of your wallet or other valuables), as well as EVA foam (to protect the contents of the bag against bumps etc.).
- It has mesh pockets.
- It has a belt loop as well as several hooks to attach the bag to any fixed object whilst travelling.
- The inside pouch has no dividers and offers ample space for all your valuables.
- It packs into the size of a softball when it needs to be transported.
How it Works
- Set up the combination for your lock (and ensure that it is something you will be able to remember).
- Place your valuables inside the bag.
- Close the zip of the bag.
- Find a fixed object you can attach your bag to.
- Once you've found the perfect object, simply fold the flap over the object and snap the lock into place.
- When you want to retrieve your valuables or the bag again, just enter your unique combination code to get access to the compartment or to remove from the fixed object.
Some Tried & Tested Fixed Objects
I've found that the FlexSafe attaches and detaches effortlessly from the following fixed objects:
- Golf carts
- Closet rods
Handy Places to Use the FlexSafe
- Theme parks
- Water parks
- Cruise ships
FlexSafe Features and Benefits
The FlexSafe 5-layer material
The FlexSafe 5-layer material is designed with a combination of high-quality materials to ensure your safety and protect it from any potential threats. It is not only tough to crack but also slash-resistant.
Flex Safe has a durable and water-resistant exterior made of denier nylon with 3 mm EVA foam to prevent slashes from happening when you aren't looking. The outermost layer also blocks RFID signals, so nobody can easily find out what's inside without destroying this device and its interior lining.
Re-Programmable 3 Digit Combination Lock
FlexSafe uses a heavy-duty nickel alloy lock with 3 digit combination: corrosion, water, rust, and fire-resistant.
2 Way Belt Loop
FlexSafe uses a belt loop that you secure to any object. You could attach it to your lounge chair, table umbrella pole, or even on one of those bikes you ride around town. It's perfect for travel and has external mesh pockets to place miscellaneous items while you're out on the go. You could also use this as an everyday shoulder bag when walking around town.
When you need a safe place to store your valuables, FlexSafe is a lightweight and portable solution—made with slash-resistant fabric that's strong enough for any storing challenge while being light enough so you can take it anywhere.
RFID blocking material
RFID blocking material protects you from electronic pickpocketing. It prevents the theft of cards such as debit or credit card information.
The Flex Safe water-resistant material makes going to the beach a breeze. Now, you don't have to carry those transparent plastic pouches.
How Much Does It Cost?
Although one can't really put a price on safeguarding yourself from all the hassle and trauma that comes along with losing valuable and sentimental personal posessions, it is always worth taking a look whether you really are getting bang for your buck.
For what the FlexSafe offers, it's surprisingly affordable which makes sense considering the creators mission of making security available to all. On average a FlexSafe will cost you anything in the range of only $60 - $70.
And depending on which platform you make your FlexSafe purchase from, you will most likely not even be charged for shipping if you are within the borders of the US. For international customers shipping and handling could be between $50 - $70.
My personal opinion is that this is a very small price to pay compared to the thousands in potential damages that can be incurred due to theft.
- Dimensions: 10“ x 6“ x 3“
- Weight: 10oz
FlexSafe Portable Travel Safe
5 Layers of Protection:
Re-Programmable 3 Digit Combination Lock:
Anti Thief Safe Bag:
Universal Locking Flap:
2 Way Belt Loop:
Light Weight & Easily Packable:
Beaches, Home, Collages, Cruises, Hotels, Offices, Shopping, Outdoors, Summer Camps, Theme Parks
Amazon 582 ratings
1680 Denier Nylon
Where to buy
- This product is officially endorsed by travel guru and host of the Travel Channel's Hotel Impossible, Anthony Mechiorri.
- Forbes has declared the FlexSafe as ”the ultimate summer gadget“ as well as a “must-have for travelers and folks on-the-go“.
They guarantee the safety of your valuables...
They are so confident in the quality and the promised results of their product that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee! If you are not 100% satisfied they will refund you in full upon receipt of your returned FlexSafe item.
- The combination lock ensures that your valuables remain safe and secure.
- The material the FlexSafe is made from is sturdy and robust and actually offers five layers of protection in terms of anti-theft as well as normal damage that can occur to your personal items.
- It is light and compact which makes it easy to transport and travel with
- The flap and lock can snap on to and is compatible with a myriad of fixed objects.
- Slash Resistant, Water Resistant & RFID Blocking
- Re-Programmable 3 Digit Combination Lock
- The only small complaint I have regarding the FlexSafe is the fact that the combination lock's number gears could be a little larger.
Frequently Asked Questions
FlexSafe is a portable travel safe that can keep your precious belongings safe from being stolen from thieves.
If this happens, you have to contact customer support, and they will send you the combination. After that just save your combination in your account, and if you ever forget what it is, you can access it from your phone or pc.
The Final Verdict
The FlexSafe is a great portable security option for travelers. You can use it to store your passport, money, and other important documents while on the go.
Additionally, the Aqua Vault FlexSafe can be attached to pretty much any surface making it difficult for thieves to steal your belongings.
The robust material it is made from, the added security features, the portability of the product, the ease in which you can travel and the peace of mind it offers knowing that your personal posessions are secure are just some of the things that come to mind when thinking about the FlexSafe.
We highly recommend this product for anyone who wants an added layer of security when traveling. Have you tried using a FlexSafe or Aqua Vault Portable Travel Safe? Let us know in the comments below!