At a glance
What we like
- Backup starts automatically
- Organizes all your files
- No monthly subscription
- Compatible with iPhone, Android and Windows
- Works with any USB charger
- You can charge and back up your phone at the same time
What we don’t like
- You can use it only with one device at the time
Current technology has allowed modern phones to take stunning pictures without much experience or equipment. Pictures and videos will pile up on your phone and could cause memory shortages.
Backing up all your photos and videos guarantees that all your treasured moments remain safe. Regular backups are confusing and are a waste of time. Using an Omega DataCube creates a convenient backup method that fits seamlessly into your daily routine.
This article will discuss all information relating to Omega DataCube, how to use it, and other frequently asked questions.
What Is the Omega DataCube?
The Omega DataCube is a storage solution for mobile devices; the primary selling point is its simplicity and convenience.
Utilizing the Omega DataCube is ideal for safely storing extra photos and videos. Additionally, it will release a lot of data from your phone, enabling you to capture more pictures.
Apple, Android and Windows
Device OS requirements
Apple iOS or iPad OS 10 or later
Works with any USB charger
Auto Backup - On Demand
Safe and Secure
32GB: Stores ~ 12,800 photos & videos
Money Back Guarantee
There are four size options for the Omega DataCube, all with different prices. The sizes are 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB.
Picking a storage capacity depends on your needs and how often you take photos. If you take videos and pictures frequently, getting one of the larger storage sizes might be a good investment.
Your Omega DataCube will store all your voice memos, contact information, videos, photos, and other files.
While automatically storing your files, the Omega DataCube will also neatly sort them. All files on the Omega DataCube are accessible using the free app.
The Omega Datacube is a portable device that integrates with your charger and will keep your data backed up overnight.
To install it, all you need to do is connect it to your USB charging port. There are no internet requirements for the device to work.
Backing up your phone using a computer takes a lot of time and effort; using an Omega DataCube only requires you to charge your phone overnight.
We already charge our phones overnight, so no extra steps are required to get an Omega DataCube working.
Who Made the Omega DataCube?
Mark Oman retired after his successful career at Silicon Valley, which lasted for 45 years. Mark always had doubts when it came to cloud storage security.
After a mishap that caused him to lose countless photos due to cloud storage capacity, Mark began developing an easy-to-use device that was secure from hackers.
How Does the Omega DataCube Work?
To use the Omega DataCube, all you need to do is connect it to your USB charger. After that, your Omega DataCube only requires a free app to manage and oversee your data.
By connecting itself while you charge your phone, it manages to store and back up your data while you sleep. All your data is stored on a microSD card.
How Do I Use the Omega DataCube?
Once you connect it to your USB charger, you need to download the free Omega DataCube app on your phone to ensure everything works as intended. The app is easy to set up and straightforward to use.
Using the Omega DataCube is kept simple since it was developed as a convenient and headache- alternative to modern phone backups.
There are two guides online that help users use the app.
The Android guide has many steps but is easy to follow.
- Ensure the micro SD card is properly inserted in the Omega DataCube.
- Double-check that the connection between your Android device and the Omega DataCube is well attached.
- On your Android device, open the google store and search for “Omega DataCub.”
- After installing the app, open it and allow all file access. The app will not work unless the app has this permission.
- To have the Omega DataCube automatically back up your data when you charge your phone. Ensure that the “Always open the Omega DataCube when Android AOA has connected” option is on. (If you do not wish to have this option enabled, you will need to begin data backups manually).
- On your first time opening the app, you will receive a prompt requesting permission to begin a data backup. (It is best to do this right before you sleep).
- After starting your first data backup, you might need to grant permission for the app to access your contacts.
- After your backup is completed, select “finish.”
The iOS guide has a few steps but is straightforward.
- Make sure the Omega DataCube has the Micro SD card in it.
- Plug your phone to charge, and you will see a prompt asking you to head to the App Store. (If you are not directed to the App Store, you can find it by searching “Omega DataCube”).
- Get the app and open it once it has been installed.
- After opening the app, it will ask you for access to your contacts; tap ok.
- You will then be prompted to allow Omega DataCube to access all your photos, tap “allow access to all photos.” It will also ask you for permission to send you notifications; you should allow it to enable automatic backups.
- At this point, a backup will begin automatically. If you wish to back up your phone another time, you can cancel and do so another time.
- Once the backup completes, tap “Ok.”
What Are the Advantages of the Omega DataCube?
The Omega DataCube has many advantages, making it a good option for backing up your phone data.
Automatic Data Backup
Once you plug your phone in to charge, it will start backing up your data. There are no complex steps involved.
You do not need to log into any website or make sure your subscription is still valid. Your Omega DataCube will always back up your data when you charge your phone. All you need to do is open the app and hit the go button to initiate a data backup.
The best part is that all the data backup takes place while you are asleep, giving your phone plenty of time to have all your data backed up safely.
Sorting data can be annoying. The Omega DataCube app will organize and sort all your data after its first backup.
All your data will be nearly sorted in folders, making it easy for you to go through your data.
Today, many products have a mandatory subscription service to use their software or features. The Omega DataCube is a one-time purchase that comes with a free app.
Since all your data is physically saved by a device you own, you do not need to subscribe to a cloud service to protect your data.
While the one-time purchase could seem more expensive, over time, this option is cheaper for many.
The Omega DataCube works with Android and iOS without any issues. It will also work with any USB charger. Both platforms have the Omega DataCube app for free.
You will not need a special USB charger to get your Omega DataCube to work.
Saving your data on the cloud always poses a risk. Physically owning your storage is the most secure method, especially since the data is not on the internet.
One of the most common cloud storage security risks includes cyber attacks.
Great Backup Time
While the Omega DataCube is not the fastest backup device on the market, it has enough time to work overnight while you sleep. Traditional backup options require you to wait next to a computer while it performs a backup.
The Omega DataCube backs up all your data during your sleep.
Several Storage Size Options
Picking a storage option relevant to your needs could save you money.
- 32GB: Stores around 12,800 photos and videos.
- 64GB: Stores around 25,600 photos and videos.
- 128GB: Stores around 51,200 photos and videos.
- 256GB: Stores around 102,400 photos and videos.
Picking a storage size should reflect how frequently you take photos and videos.
Restoring Files Using an Omega DataCube
Restoring files from an Omega DataCube is a simple process. The online guide is short and effortless.
- Double-check that the MicroSD card is connected to the Omega DataCube, then open the Omega DataCube app.
- Locate and tap the “Recover mobile phone” button.
- Select the devices you wish to recover data from, then select the type of data you want.
- Once the restore finishes, tap “ok.”
What Are the Minimum Requirements?
The minimum requirements for the Omega DataCube vary depending on your software.
Money Back Guarantee
Every purchase on an Omega DataCube has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This is perfect in case you dislike the product. To issue a refund request, you need to reach out to [email protected], and they will handle the return and refund.
Backing Up on a Computer vs. Omega DataCube
Using your computer to backup your phone is a free alternative to an Omega DataCube, though there are many downsides if you plan to use your computer.
First, your phone’s backup will take up lots of space on your computer. Using an Omega DataCube will keep that data off your computer, saving you valuable disk space.
Computer backups will take time, especially if your phone has many photos and videos. It will be up to you to manage your backup schedule and try your best to keep it up to date.
Once you set up an Omega DataCube, your backups will be performed daily. No one anticipates losing their phone, so it is best to keep your data backups as recent as possible.
With an Omega DataCube, all your data will be automatically sorted into organized folders. Manually sorting your data is a time-consuming task.
Using a Cloud Service vs. Omega DataCube
Using a cloud service has a few advantages, though they are all offered by Omega DataCube. However, a few downsides exist to using a cloud service such as iCloud.
iCloud is made easy to use by Apple. You don’t need to install a third-party application or use an external device. Another advantage is how easy it is to access your cloud storage, as you can use any Apple device.
Using iCloud requires a monthly subscription which will add up over several months.
To initiate an iCloud backup, your phone must have a good internet connection; otherwise, it will not be able to back up your data.
Using a cloud-based service will always leave your data prone to hackers. However, since the Omega DataCube does not need an internet connection to work, it is immune from any hacking attempt.
With an Omega DataCube, there are no recurring payments after purchasing the device.
This makes it a worthwhile investment if you value your data. It also requires no internet to back up your data.
Omega DataCube Prices
- 32GB for $59.90
- 64GB for $79.99
- 128GB for $99.99
- 256GB for $149.99
There are many deals for the Omega DataCube, offering excellent prices. You can also get better prices when purchasing more than one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is an FAQ about the Omega DataCube.
Orders within the US take an average of 5-7 business days to be delivered.
As long as your cable supports data transfer, it will work with the Omega DataCube. The cable your phone comes with supports data transfer and will work.
The Omega DataCube is a convenient data backup method for iOS and Android. The device updates your backup daily while you sleep, keeping all your backups up to date.
There are many advantages to an Omega DataCube over traditional backup methods such as iCloud or your computer.
The Omega DataCube app is straightforward to navigate and simple to use.
No subscriptions are needed to use the Omega DataCube, nor are any special cables or chargers. You only need the cable and charger you have at home.